Of course, you'll be there on Sunday, August 27th in Heeze. The 64th Brabantsedag is one you can't afford to miss! To help you prepare as best as possible, we'll give you some practical tips.
1. WHEN AND WHAT TIME?
Brabantsedag always takes place on the last Sunday of August. This year it's on Sunday, August 27th. The theater parade starts at 1:30 p.m. (the pre-parade starts at 12:30 p.m.). But there's more! From 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., there will be various activities on the atmospheric squares in the center of Heeze: music, street theater, and entertainment. Delicious food and drinks will also be available.
2. HOW DO I GET AN ENTRANCE TICKET?You can buy entrance tickets online or from one of our 16 float builder groups (by purchasing these support tickets, you immediately support the group with €1.50!). In the presale until July 31st, they cost €10.50 each, and after that, they are €11.50.
On Sunday, August 27th, you can buy tickets at the box office for €12.50.
3 HOW DO I GET TO HEEZE?Heeze is easily accessible via exit 34 from the A2 between Eindhoven and Maastricht, and via exit 34 from the A67 between Eindhoven and Venlo. There is also a train station in Heeze! The station is about a 10-minute walk from the parade route. Plan your trip with the NS travel planner. Of course, you can also easily reach Heeze by bike, and there are supervised bicycle parking facilities.
For more information about accessibility and parking, please visit our website.
4 WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO WATCH THE BRABANTSEDAG?You can view the theater parade along the entire parade route. There are no bad locations because our float builders go all out along the entire route to overwhelm, amaze, and astonish you! If we may offer a tip though, you'll have a great experience and your own spot on one of the 14 grandstands. Grandstand tickets can be obtained via brabantsedag.nl/tickets. But be quick because availability is limited.
5. WHERE DOES THE PARADE ROUTE GO?The theater parade of the Brabantsedag starts at 1:30 p.m. from the staging areas of the floats at the De Poortmannen industrial estate.
The route runs along the main road of Heeze, starting from the De Poortmannen industrial estate, going through Ginderover, Jan Deckersstraat, Kapelstraat, Geldropseweg, and ending at Pastoor Spieringslaan. From start to finish, it offers over two hours of viewing pleasure!
For specific times and locations along the parade route, refer to the map below.
6. WHAT IS THIS YEAR'S THEME?The 64th Brabantsedag on Sunday, August 27th, 2023, has the theme 'Eureka!'. This well-known exclamation ('I've got it!') by the Greek mathematician Archimedes refers to discoveries, inventions, and theories. The challenge for the sixteen float builder groups is to translate an invention by a Brabander or a discovery within Brabant into total theater.
7. WHAT ARE THE THEMES (AND PARADE ORDER) OF THE 16 FLOAT BUILDER GROUPS?You can find the parade order of the 64th Brabantsedag here.
8. WHAT TIME IS THE ROUTE CLOSED?The route is closed from 8:00 a.m. for motorized traffic, including scooters and mopeds. However, cyclists are allowed to pass with their bikes in hand and a valid entrance ticket.
Can I still drive my car onto the route after 8:00 a.m.? Is that allowed?
That is not possible. On August 27, 2023, Heeze is closed to all motorized traffic (including mopeds and scooters) from 8:00 a.m., starting from the traffic control posts located outside the route.
Why am I not allowed to park my car on the emergency route? My family has been living there for years. The emergency route is designated for the safety of everyone, including you and us. It is established by the Municipality of Heeze-Leende upon the request of the police, fire department, and ambulance services. These emergency services need to have a clear passage as quickly as possible, which is why parking is not allowed along the designated emergency route on the day of the parade.
9. CAN I TAKE PHOTOS ON THE ROUTE?For the safety of our float builders and yourself, it is NOT allowed to enter the parade route during the parade. You should stay behind the crowd barriers or, if they are not present, remain within the audience area. You are welcome to take photos from behind the crowd barriers.
Our own Brabantsedag photographers (recognizable by their red Brabantsedag vests) are allowed to be on the parade route.
10. WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO?
Brabantsedag Heeze is an amazing day out for the whole family. With a packed program centered around the highlight: the largest theater parade of the year. From 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., you can enjoy (street) theater and live music along the parade route and at the five atmospheric squares. Once the parade passes, the program naturally pauses but then continues in full swing.
11. HOW WILL I KNOW WHO HAS WON THE BRABANTSEDAG THIS YEAR?
The award ceremony takes place in the evening at the marquee in the Gemeentehuistuin and starts at 8:30 p.m. All 2,000 float builders are present there to find out who has won the 64th edition of the Brabantsedag.
You can follow the results live via our Twitter channel (twitter.com/brabantsedag). Once the award ceremony is over, we will announce the results on our other social media platforms and through our newsletter. Of course, everything will also be posted on our website. In short, follow us, and we'll keep you informed!
And follow us on our social media channels.
#Brabantsedag is also popular! (please note, we write 'Brabantsedag' as one word)