HEEZE - The 64th Brabantsedag in Heeze went splendidly. The here and there needed umbrellas and ponchos couldn't dampen the parade fun. Colors pushed the wet gray into the background, heartwarming acting made the chill forgettable.
Around the sixteen splendid floats, for over two hours, inventions and inventors from the former Duchy of Brabant paraded by in the theme Eureka! From plaster cast and Atlas rocket to praline, from Big Bang and asphalt to Body Mass Index. On and around the parade route, the numerous audience enjoyed music, street theater, and other entertainment.
The convivial day was traditionally concluded with the results and award ceremonies:
· Winner of the HWV Audience Award (made possible in part by the Heeze Shopkeepers Association) was Ge Wit 'T Oit Noit Nie with "The Clarification Underwater – I see it, I have it!", about the Calypso-Hot underwater camera. The second audience place was taken by Vriendenkring De Rijten with "The Origin of Everything," about the Big Bang theory, and the third audience spot was secured by Vriendenkring Haisjô with "Eureka? We flatten everything," featuring the invention of asphalt.
· Winner of the Press Award was Vriendenkring De Rijten with "The Origin of Everything."
· The overall ranking was won, just like last year, by Vriendenkring De Rijten with "The Origin of Everything."
Here's the top three of the overall ranking:
· Overall winner: Vriendenkring De Rijten with "The Origin of Everything."
· In second place: Vriendenkring Haisjô with "Eureka? We flatten everything."
· De Lambrekvrienden secured third place with "Budel falls for Uncle Plaster – tribute to Antonius Mathijsen," about his invention of plaster cast.
The full results of the theatrical parade of the 64th Brabantsedag can be found at brabantsedag.nl/uitslag